RE: [FH] Does anyone know where I can buy..........

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
      In an earlier message, Debbie Raikes-May
      [mailto:debbie.raikesmay@...] said ...

      > Dear Diane
      > Where do you get it [buffered aspirin] from? I
      > can't find it at all in the UK? I am getting
      > anxious because currently Treacle isn't on
      > anything.

      Debbie,

      You might want to talk with your vet about how important it is for Treacle to
      taike the aspirin. I say this because it has never been shown that aspirin will
      help prevent clots in cats. But since aspirin does have that effect in humans,
      most vets suggest using it for certain heart patients, just in case it does
      help.

      My point is that it might not be that important for her to take the aspirin.

      --
      Jonathan Rosenberg
      Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Licorice, Tigger,
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
        Very interesting
        My vet said she could 'drop with a clot any second'. I was even scared to leave the room to go to the bathroom!
        Madam has eaten a whole coley fillett tonight and half a piece of chicken! She is trying to regain her figure!
        Her sister (jealous Kippurr) is trying on a delicate cough for size, witha faint hint of consumption in it - just to see if being poorly will get HER a coley fillett too (answer: it would!)
        I shall speak to Kate again about the A.
        Thanks so much
        Love
        Debbie. Treacle and Kipppurrr

        --
        Jonathan Rosenberg
        Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Licorice, Tigger,
        Jet, Belle
        http://www.tabbysplace.org/

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Jonathan Rosenberg
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
          In an earlier message, Debbie Raikes-May
          [mailto:debbie.raikesmay@...] said ...

          > Very interesting
          > My vet said she could 'drop with a clot
          > any second'.

          Well, there is certainly a non-zero probability that this could happen.
          However, as I recall, Treacle has not thrown any clots, correct? The vast
          majority of cats with heart disease do not ever throw a clot.

          > I was even scared to leave the room to go
          > to the bathroom!

          When our old guy Lynx was with us, I was terrified to leave him alone as he had
          thrown 3 small clots. But, he did remarkably well on his meds & didn't throw
          any more.

          > Madam has eaten a whole coley fillett tonight
          > and half a piece of chicken!

          "coley" is some kind of fish, yes?

          > Thanks so much
          > Love
          > Debbie. Treacle and Kipppurrr

          --
          Jonathan Rosenberg
          Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Licorice, Tigger,
          Jet, Belle
          http://www.tabbysplace.org/
        • diane
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
            It's very common here, any grocery or drug store has it.

            http://www.drugstore.com/qxp10117_333181_sespider/bufferin/tablets_coated_buffered_aspirin.htm

            I'm pretty sure this is the dosage I bought, I had to cut it into quarters.

            Diane

            >Dear Diane
            >Where do you get it from? I can't find it at all in the UK?
            >I am getting anxious because currently Treacle isn't on anything.
            >Thakns a lot
            >Debbie

          • Chris Martín
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
              On 4/1/03 1:08 PM,Debbie Raikes-May wrote:

              > Madam has eaten a whole coley fillett

              Ok. Now PEARL wants to know what's a coley fillett! she says, "If Kippurr
              wants one, I do too!"

              Chris
              "A house without either a cat or a dog is the house of a scoundrel."
              --Portuguese proverb
            • Debbie Raikes-May
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003
                Thanks for this.

                Yes, Coley is indeed a fish....a small, ugly critter (Though perhaps not to another coley) and has very few bones so great for kitties. People eat it too but it is very cheap and needs a lot of sauce to make it taste of anything much. The kitties love it as it is very strong smelling. Two minutes in the microwave or aga and it is done. Treacle virtually climbs the worktop in her excitement to get at it!
                How do you know if your cat has a few clots? Despite the obvious major attack, that is?
                Thanks
                Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrr
                In an earlier message, Debbie Raikes-May
                [mailto:debbie.raikesmay@...] said ...

                > Very interesting
                > My vet said she could 'drop with a clot
                > any second'.

              • Debbie Raikes-May
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003
                  Dear Pearl
                  Coley is a small ugly fish that kindly gives its life for the delectation of kitties. People can eat it too but it smells very strong and tastes bland so we don't really get warmed up about it. Treacle and Kippurrr love it and throw themselves in a purring frenzy at my legs if they think there is some for supper. It has the added fiscal benefit of being very ceap as well....about £2 for six pieces.

                  I don't know if you can get it in the US of A.............it is fished off British waters. I would send you some but I have a feeling that if it smelled strong when just caught, imagine how yummy it would be after a week in the mail!!!!

                  We are planting some roses in our garden at the weekend and I am going to put in a bush for Kitty Xerox. Chris, pease let me know what colour her fur was and I will pick something that she would look good to visit and snooze under.
                  Love
                  Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrrr ('Pearl! Coley is good!!)

                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003
                    Thanks so much Diane for taking the trouble to write to me. This dosage is 325mg so even cut into qurters it is too high for Treacle. She needs 30mg every three days. Also cutting them takes the buffing off at least one side.
                    So the search will continue!
                    Best wishes
                    Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrr
                    It's very common here, any grocery or drug store has it.

                    http://www.drugstore.com/qxp10117_333181_sespider/bufferin/tablets_coated_buffered_aspirin.htm

                    I'm pretty sure this is the dosage I bought, I had to cut it into quarters.

                    Diane

                    >Dear Diane
                    >Where do you get it from? I can't find it at all in the UK?
                    >I am getting anxious because currently Treacle isn't on anything.
                    >Thakns a lot
                    >Debbie

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • Sheila Monti

                      --
                      Jonathan Rosenberg
                      Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Licorice, Tigger,
                      Jet, Belle
                      http://www.tabbysplace.org/

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT