Re: [FH] Does anyone know where I can buy..........

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
      Dear Diane
      Where do you get it from? I can't find it at all in the UK?
      I am getting anxious because currently Treacle isn't on anything.
      Thakns a lot
      Debbie
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
        There are many things not legal here! BUt sometimes Scotland allows them as it is self giverning.
        Debbie
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
          Apparently not. Turns out its illegal.
          Debbie
          I thought you were in the US. Do you have compounding pharmacies in the UK?

          Anne V
          Warner Robins, GA
          From: Debbie Raikes-May
          I am in the UK and so can't enter a UK post code.it seems to be only for USA and Canadian residents-is that right>

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Jonathan Rosenberg
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
            In an earlier message, Debbie Raikes-May
            [mailto:debbie.raikesmay@...] said ...

            > Dear Diane
            > Where do you get it [buffered aspirin] from? I
            > can't find it at all in the UK? I am getting
            > anxious because currently Treacle isn't on
            > anything.

            Debbie,

            You might want to talk with your vet about how important it is for Treacle to
            taike the aspirin. I say this because it has never been shown that aspirin will
            help prevent clots in cats. But since aspirin does have that effect in humans,
            most vets suggest using it for certain heart patients, just in case it does
            help.

            My point is that it might not be that important for her to take the aspirin.

            --
            Jonathan Rosenberg
            Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Licorice, Tigger,
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
              Very interesting
              My vet said she could 'drop with a clot any second'. I was even scared to leave the room to go to the bathroom!
              Madam has eaten a whole coley fillett tonight and half a piece of chicken! She is trying to regain her figure!
              Her sister (jealous Kippurr) is trying on a delicate cough for size, witha faint hint of consumption in it - just to see if being poorly will get HER a coley fillett too (answer: it would!)
              I shall speak to Kate again about the A.
              Thanks so much
              Love
              Debbie. Treacle and Kipppurrr

              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
                In an earlier message, Debbie Raikes-May
                [mailto:debbie.raikesmay@...] said ...

                > Very interesting
                > My vet said she could 'drop with a clot
                > any second'.

                Well, there is certainly a non-zero probability that this could happen.
                However, as I recall, Treacle has not thrown any clots, correct? The vast
                majority of cats with heart disease do not ever throw a clot.

                > I was even scared to leave the room to go
                > to the bathroom!

                When our old guy Lynx was with us, I was terrified to leave him alone as he had
                thrown 3 small clots. But, he did remarkably well on his meds & didn't throw
                any more.

                > Madam has eaten a whole coley fillett tonight
                > and half a piece of chicken!

                "coley" is some kind of fish, yes?

                > Thanks so much
                > Love
                > Debbie. Treacle and Kipppurrr

                --
                Jonathan Rosenberg
                Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Licorice, Tigger,
                Jet, Belle
                http://www.tabbysplace.org/
              • diane
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
                  It's very common here, any grocery or drug store has it.

                  http://www.drugstore.com/qxp10117_333181_sespider/bufferin/tablets_coated_buffered_aspirin.htm

                  I'm pretty sure this is the dosage I bought, I had to cut it into quarters.

                  Diane

                  >Dear Diane
                  >Where do you get it from? I can't find it at all in the UK?
                  >I am getting anxious because currently Treacle isn't on anything.
                  >Thakns a lot
                  >Debbie

                • Chris Martín
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
                    On 4/1/03 1:08 PM,Debbie Raikes-May wrote:

                    > Madam has eaten a whole coley fillett

                    Ok. Now PEARL wants to know what's a coley fillett! she says, "If Kippurr
                    wants one, I do too!"

                    Chris
                    "A house without either a cat or a dog is the house of a scoundrel."
                    --Portuguese proverb
                  • Debbie Raikes-May
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003
                      Thanks for this.

                      Yes, Coley is indeed a fish....a small, ugly critter (Though perhaps not to another coley) and has very few bones so great for kitties. People eat it too but it is very cheap and needs a lot of sauce to make it taste of anything much. The kitties love it as it is very strong smelling. Two minutes in the microwave or aga and it is done. Treacle virtually climbs the worktop in her excitement to get at it!
                      How do you know if your cat has a few clots? Despite the obvious major attack, that is?
                      Thanks
                      Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrr
                      In an earlier message, Debbie Raikes-May
                      [mailto:debbie.raikesmay@...] said ...

                      > Very interesting
                      > My vet said she could 'drop with a clot
                      > any second'.

                    • Debbie Raikes-May
                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003
                        Dear Pearl
                        Coley is a small ugly fish that kindly gives its life for the delectation of kitties. People can eat it too but it smells very strong and tastes bland so we don't really get warmed up about it. Treacle and Kippurrr love it and throw themselves in a purring frenzy at my legs if they think there is some for supper. It has the added fiscal benefit of being very ceap as well....about £2 for six pieces.

                        I don't know if you can get it in the US of A.............it is fished off British waters. I would send you some but I have a feeling that if it smelled strong when just caught, imagine how yummy it would be after a week in the mail!!!!

                        We are planting some roses in our garden at the weekend and I am going to put in a bush for Kitty Xerox. Chris, pease let me know what colour her fur was and I will pick something that she would look good to visit and snooze under.
                        Love
                        Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrrr ('Pearl! Coley is good!!)

                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003
                          Thanks so much Diane for taking the trouble to write to me. This dosage is 325mg so even cut into qurters it is too high for Treacle. She needs 30mg every three days. Also cutting them takes the buffing off at least one side.
                          So the search will continue!
                          Best wishes
                          Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrr
                          It's very common here, any grocery or drug store has it.

                          http://www.drugstore.com/qxp10117_333181_sespider/bufferin/tablets_coated_buffered_aspirin.htm

                          I'm pretty sure this is the dosage I bought, I had to cut it into quarters.

                          Diane

                          >Dear Diane
                          >Where do you get it from? I can't find it at all in the UK?
                          >I am getting anxious because currently Treacle isn't on anything.
                          >Thakns a lot
                          >Debbie

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        • Sheila Monti

                            --
                            Jonathan Rosenberg
                            Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Licorice, Tigger,
                            Jet, Belle
                            http://www.tabbysplace.org/

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT