Re: [FH] Alfredo - new to list

  • barbara
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2003
      I had a deaf white kitty, golden eyes, and I found that taking him on car trips was so easy because he didn't panic when the big trucks went by. The only thing I could do for him when we went to the vet's was to massage his sides, seemed to calm him down a lot. Also, if you can find a little motorized toy that vibrates, hold it next to his body. The vibrations (if they are slow and rhythmic enough), are like purring that he can feel. That calmed One Kitty down when nothing else worked. Barbara and the KittyBabies
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
        Poor Alfredo but lucky as well to have you.

        Treacle, our 15 year old went from a stage 1 to a stage 4 murmur in a week. It was very fast indeed.

        I don't understand why your vet said he shouldn't be sedated for an X ray. In my view, having x rays helped our cardio assess what was the state of her heart. It allowed a much more accurate diagnosis. Yes, she was sedated and wasn't keen but that against beng treated for high blood pressure (which was actually very low after all the blood pressure drugs) when it was found it was an enlarged left ventricle..well, I'd take that choice again so it may be worth findning out why she is against sedation.

        There could be many reasons for the heart murmur...primary (ie born with it and developing with age) or secondary...developed as a result of thyroid hyperactivity for instance.

        The more they can test, the nearer they will be able to pinpoint the root cause.

        Good luck with the vets as it is a scary time. Treacle only had hers done last Friday.

        Let us know how you go.
        Love
        Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrr