8251Re: [FH] Hello all... cat just diagnosed...

  • fewtch
    Nov 8, 2002
      --- In feline-heart@y..., "Jonathan Rosenberg" <jr40@e...> wrote:
      > Has Penelope been to see a vet cardiologist? If not, I recommend a
      > referral as soon as feasible.

      She had an ultrasound done earlier this week (by a cardiologist, I
      believe). He's the one who recommended all the meds, and my regular
      vet insists he must be right about everything... wish I had a chance
      to talk with him about it. Drives me nuts when a doctor says "do
      this, do that" instead of taking an attitude of cooperating with the
      patient's (pet owner's) wishes.

      I'll be off-line for awhile but appreciate the caring shown here in
      these responses. I lost 2 cats in 1998 (one at age 20 and the other
      a couple years younger), and am perhaps a bit more prepared this time
      for the inevitable -- although I wasn't expecting something like this
      to happen so soon (the poor cat is only 5 years old).

      And finally, here's a link to a pic of Penelope (taken a few days
      ago):

      heart/vwp?.dir=/&.src=gr&.dnm=Penelope+Louisa.jpg

      Tim
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic