7654Re: saddle thrombus/ Gus update

  • gussielou49
    Oct 8, 2002
      Jeff,
      I know it was already mentioned, but I did see our cardiologist today
      & she said that clots can form in the front legs but is less common.

      Gus had another echo today. Looks like his left atrium is getting
      bigger which is still a major concern but he shows not clinical signs
      of HF. The clot is still there but is more organized. She thinks
      some might have come apart however he has a lot of RBC's 'hanging
      around' in his LA which have the potential to form more clots. She
      said he could go into HF at any time, however she has seen another
      cat w/ a similar situation do quite well for a couple of years. You
      just never know.

      Gus is the absolute love in my life! Please send him some nice warm
      thoughts! I also posted a couple of pictures of Gus adorning
      his 'pet protector harness' in the 'Gus' photo album. He thinks he's
      the King when he wears it! (He is!)

      I hope everyone's little munchkins are doing well tonight.
      We were driving home tonight from the vet and I was just thinking of
      how nothing matters more right now than Gus' health. Talk about
      putting life into perspective! Someone recently told me that we get
      so much more from our companion animals than we give. I wish they
      could be around forever.

      -Steph

      --- In feline-heart@y..., "mountainlight101" <mountainlight101@y...>

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic