7278Re: Spironolactone vs. Lasix/Furosemide

  • soupbone7420
    Sep 9, 2002
      My kitty, Bob, is taking Furosemide 2 times a day. He is also
      taking Potassium (Tumil-K)twice a day. Lasix is a diuretic & often
      causes loss of Potassium. Bob had congestive heart failure & the
      lasix got rid of the fluid in his lungs. He has responded very well
      to the lasix & his bun & creat (kidney) levels are well within
      normal range. He has been on all his heart meds since July 1 & acts
      very normal. Hope this helps.

      Lots of Kitty Kisses,
      Myra & Bob

      --- In feline-heart@y..., tori <tori@o...> wrote:
      > can someone who has used both/either explain to me the benefits or
      drawbacks
      > of one or the other and whether or not their cat had trouble
      breathing
      > before using it that was resolved afterwards?
      >
      > thanks
      > tori and jcee
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic