5851[FH] Re: OMG GREAT NEWS FOR CHIEF!!!!!(Sally)

  • sallymerlin
    Jun 3, 2002
      Hi Debbie and Chief,

      That Atenelol is great stuff, isn't it?! Muffin's murmur went from
      a 3+ to nothing over the course of about 6 months on that stuff. He
      was diagnosed with severe HCM two years ago and is still ticking
      along, so I am a believer in the stuff.

      Good luck with the ultrasound...sounds like Chief is in good hands!

      Best wishes,

      Sally

      --- In feline-heart@y..., Debbie Graham <debgram_2000@y...> wrote:

      > Thanks Sally! The only medication Chief is on is the Atenolol.
      They were thinking he may have a kidney infection so they want to do
      an ultrasound of that. He has had about 5-6 UTI's in less than a year
      and they want to check now why this is happening so often. They said
      if it is a kidney infection we need to fix that because too many of
      them will cause kidney damage.
      > Deb
      > sallymerlin <sallymerlin@y...> wrote: YAY Debbie and Chief!!!!!
      >
      > This is excellent!!!
      >
      > My Muffin had many YEARS of some strange undiagnosable (is that
      even
      > a word?) blood in his urine. SOmetimes it was visible, sometimes
      only
      > the dipstick test would show it. We tested up one side and down
      > the other...but nothing conclusive. What appears to be working is we
      > cut back his tapazole (thyroid med) by 1/2 to a very tiny dose and
      we
      > stopped giving the asprin. I am nervous about not having the asprin
      > thin his blood, but having it (blood) show up in his bladder/urine
      was
      > not good either. Now he seems to have settled out and we don't see
      it
      > or find it with the dipstick....so perhaps Chief may want to try
      this
      > as well.
      >
      > Again, congrats, fantastic news! We all need to hear that this
      > disease can sometimes be turned back a little...these meds are
      > amazing!
      >
      > YAY CHIEF!!!!!!!!
      >

      > --- In feline-heart@y..., "debgram_2000" <debgram_2000@y...> wrote:
      > > Just got back from Columbus and the cardiologist was so happy she
      > > came bouncing in the room! Here's what she said: Chief has no
      heart
      > > murmur, his heart rate is well controlled at 130 which was 240 the
      > > last time they saw him, his left ventricle (main heart pump)
      showed
      > > mild thickening, this is much improved both walls of his heart are
      > > thinner than they were in Feburary, his left atrium is remaining
      > > normal size, he has no leak of his mitral valve & his dynamic
      > > obstruction is well controlled, and his heart muscle pumping
      > function
      > > is normal, everything is well controlled and leading to some
      > > regression of hypertrophy.
      > >
      > > This all means that the medication is doing what it's supposed to.

      > > She said that she has never seen a heart get completely well but
      his
      > > is heading in the good direction. Before the mitral valve was
      > > obstructing the blood flow, now the blood flow is very good. We
      > have
      > > to take him back for another ultrasound in 6-9 months. Next
      Tuesday

      at:http://pages.ivillage.com/debgram/debsfelinefine/