5542Fluid Buildup Question

  • gregalrags@aol.com
    Apr 30, 2002
      Hello,

      Mocha has been doing well. However fluid has started building up in his
      abdomen, but not around his heart or lungs. We had it drained three weeks
      ago, most of it was lymphatic fluid, but it was mixed with a little blood.
      Apparently this is a rather common occurrence in dogs, but rather rare in
      cats. His cardiologist upped his dosage of lasix (he was already on
      aldactone), but it has not helped. We have another appointment on Friday to
      drain some more fluid. Has anyone else here experienced this? Is there
      something else we can do to help stop the fluid from building up so fast?

      Thank you for your help in advance,
      Greg & Mocha
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic