5331Re: [FH] Links for Heart Disease

  • marcijoy2002
    Apr 8, 2002
      Constantly drinking from the faucet could mean be from:
      1. Nothing. She just likes fresh running, water alot.
      2. If she is "racing" the other cat to the faucet, maybe it is a game
      for her.
      3. Eating a lot of food with low water content (dry food).
      4. Diabetes.
      5. Hyperthyroidism
      6. Kidney disease
      7. Side effect of on any medication she is on.
      8. Dehydration from vomiting.
      9. Probably a bunch of other reasons I can't think of.

      This needs to be checked out by a vet ASAP. This way, if there is a
      problem, you can start treating it before she actually starts acting
      like she is sick.

      Marcia

      --- In feline-heart@y..., Christine Paulsen <Chris_catqueen@y...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks for the link, but I have questions that maybe some of you
      have answers to:
      > Someone metioned checking the litterbox buddies for heart problems
      (unless I misinterrpreted it). My two cats are not related but one is
      healthy and one has heart problems. Should I be concerned?
      > My healthy cat continously races anyone in the household to the
      bath tub faucet for fresh water. Is she just being a nut or could
      their be an underlying medical problem? ie. diabetes?
      > I had another question but I forgot it. If I think of it I will
      add it on later.
      > Thank Goodness for people like all of you who love and care for
      cats. So many go without- its wonderful to know so many people
      care.
      > Chris-Spoo and Blossom's Mom
      > "Sandler, Zellene E." <zellene.sandler@p...> wrote: This site
      has a large number of links to research feline heart
      > disease...plus other diseases.
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/9352/alphalinks3.html

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.