50436Re: rapid breathing??

  • Elfinmyst
    Aug 20, 2014
      Hi Kelly

      You were absolutely right to see the vet, it is one of the red flags, remember the breathing count is done at rest. I have taken kitties in with increased breathing and they have been in heart failure but there are other reasons too, usually an infection as a raised temperature puts the breathing up. He may have had a tummy ache or a cold coming on, ans as the lasix didnt help, that would suggest less chance of heart failure. Keep an eye out, if any other signs, call the cardiologist, you know him best. I would never ever ignore an increased breathing rate, well done for spotting it quickly.

      Lyn

      www.furkids-selkirks.com:-)
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic