50404hematoma after blood draw?

  • vt_hoki
    Aug 11, 2014

      Hi all! Do your guys ever get large hematomas after blood draws? Jinx had blood work last Tuesday evening, and in the following 3-4 days developed a large, very dark hematoma from groin to ankle, and there's a large knot. I assume that's the needle mark. It doesn't seem to bother him, but it isn't something we've seen before after a blood draw. He is on Plavix (1/4 of a 75mg pill) daily and an 81mg baby aspirin every third day, so I fully understand why he would bleed more. Also, he is a pure white Oriental Shorthair, so between is color and not as thick fur, its probably more pronounced on him.

      Kelly

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic