50402Re: [FH] clot prevention

  • westgold12
    Aug 7, 2014
      How many of you guys are doing this? I never saw taurine discussed
      even once on this list before. I know that taurine deficiency used to
      cause dilated cardiomyapathy before they started adding it to all
      foods, I had a kitten of my breeding who was cured with taurine
      treatment way back when. but I have never seen it mentioned in
      connection to HCM.

      those who know something, please share!!!

      , feline-heart@yahoogroups.comvQuoting Leigh Arrathoon
      <leigharrathoon@...>:

      > I'm sure that Taurine regularizes the heart rhythms because I have taken
      > it. And I also know that if you take too much Taurine, your heart gets out
      > of rhythm. For this reason, I give my big male Main Coons 500 mg. of it a
      > day, but only 250 mg a day to my 10-pound DSH.
      > Leigh
      >

      > On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 1:21 PM, westgold@... [feline-heart] <
      > feline-heart-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >

      >> hi everybody -
      >>
      >> I was quite surprised to hear Dr Oz say on his show yesterday that
      >> people need foods rich in TAURINE to help prevent blood clots.
      >>
      >> I have never seen that discussed here -- does anybody know anything
      >> about this?? Does anybody plan to see their cardiologist soon and
      >> could ask him about this?
      >>
      >> I know there is taurine in all cat foods, but maybe we should add more??
      >>
      >> thanks, Michelle & Tigger Too in Toronto

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic