      From: debgram_2000 [mailto:debgram_2000@...]
      Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 1:36 PM
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FH] Hi I'm new

      Hi my name is Debbie and my 1 year old cat Chief was diagnosed with
      hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy yesterday. They found it
      actually by accident went doing an exam on him. He was at the
      Columbus MedVet for an ultrasound on his bladder for occuring urine
      infections. As the vet was listening to his heart she said she heard
      a murmur and it was quite loud 4/6 grade. She sent him to a
      cardiologist(sp?) and the ultrasound found that. He is on Atenolol
      once a day to slow his heart rate down. They want it less than 150
      beats per min. and if it isn't then we have to go to 2 times a day.
      He will be checked again in 2 weeks, then in 3 months for another
      ultrasound to see how fast it's progressing or if it is or not.

      Debbie and Chief