49916Benazepril

  • plklein12
    Apr 5 4:17 PM

      Hello.   I've been a dormant member here for several  years, but my cardiac patient (7 1/2 years old) has been stable since diagnosis (he was 1 1/2) without medication.    At his annual echo in October, the cardiologist said his heart measurements had started to worsen, and told me to come back in 6 months instead of a year.   Today was the followup, and they've worsened again, so she wants my Sherman on Benazepril.   Nothing else, no current risk of blood clots.     I'm not thrilled about the drug, particularly since I'll have to get his kidneys checked in a few weeks.    But it is what it is.    Has anyone's cat experienced side effects from Benazepril?  I'm the anti-drug kinda gal, and am trying to wrap my arms around what to expect.

      Thanks,

      Phyllis

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic