49907Re: [FH] Whose cat takes Pimobendan a.k.a. Vetmedin?

  • ESID
    Apr 3, 2014
      My Sammy has been on pimobendan , lately 2 pills /day he weighs now 14.5 lbs
      and I cannot tell if it has any bad side effects or if it actually helps his
      severe DCM as enthusiastically toutd by his two cardiologists. Many here
      have cats on Pimobendan a few are certain that it makes a big positive
      difference I had mail of one mmebr who tried it several times and each time
      her kittie had so many side effects that she had to stop it. She would try
      it again and side effects re-appearred and disappeared as oon as she stopped
      it. Since most of our cats are on several heart medications it is hard to
      be sure if Pimobendan is the one that keeps them alive. It depends on the
      actual heart problem, I would think and the only official study on cats with
      varying heart problems was inconclusive.

      You can google Feline and Pimobendan Vetmedin
      http://tinyurl.com/mt26gc5

      I am attaching a table of a study which is unconvincing, see for yourself.

      Hths

      Erika with Sammy