49608Lasix seems to no longer be working.

  • COSMO_babe_99
    Jan 20, 2014
      Hi everyone,My cat Tiger has been taking Lasixs (furosemide 12.5) since December. At first it was very effective but as the months have passed his breathing has increased all while increasing the dosage of the Furosemide. We are at 2full pills and a half a day. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this with their cat? And if there is another more effective/stronger diuretic that maybe we could try.Tiger is still strong, drinking, eating, playing (gets tired quicker now) and cuddling. Continues to bird watch and be social so his "time" is not here yet.Bringing him to the vet for X-rays at this point is not an option. However the vet had agreed to consult with me and help that way. Tiger becomes absolutely terrified of going to the vet and we have decided not to put him thru any more stress. In July he had major surgery and almost died. We just want him to be comfortable and not struggle breathing.Any advice is appreciated,Emily and Tiger (DCM)
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic