49315Re: [FH] CHF

  • Laurie Stead
    Nov 30, 2013
      Hi Lynda -

      CHF or Congestive Heart Failure is once they fill with fluid, creating difficulty breathing.  The Lasix and oxygen is then needed to get them through it (not all cats make it).  This stems from having heart disease where there are tons of different varieties.  The fact Martha continues to go into CHF means the drugs she takes are not doing the trick and should be adjusted by the cardiologist.  Did they increase the Lasix dose?

      Laurie

      On Saturday, November 30, 2013 10:38 AM, Lynda Doty <ibdcat@...> wrote:

      Can anyone tell me how this diagnosis of CHF can be continuous? Martha has had it twice and almost died both times, had to be in oxygen tank, etc. you know the drill. But I've also heard that CHF is an actual disease, not a condition, and that a cat can have it all the time.
      Can someone help me understand? Martha has no symptoms now of CHF, so how can she still have it? Thank you!

      Blessings,
      Lynda, Martha, Morelli and Angel C.B.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic