49027Re: [FH] Mischief says MEOW

  • nandismom
    Oct 2, 2013
      So sorry to read this but good that his heart is stabile.

      Most cats take well to cancer treatment and seem to have a much less hard time than humans. What kind of cancer is this?? small cell lymphoma for example they can live for yearswith a pred and moderate chemo protocol.

      You have a good resource at this site:
      www.zzcat.scroll down some to the actual start of the cancer info and resources site.
      also specifiv and general cancer supportgroups:

      and great for feeding issues and weight management not force feeding with oodles of tipe how to get a sick and inappetant kitty to eat:

      If Chemo is given you can read much about the redcell production of ESA's esp. aranesp anemia support at www.felinecrf.org
      Read as much as you can twice, it will give you a sense of getting on top of things and a better base for protocol decisions.

      A biopsy is off course the best first tack after x-rays.
      CT scans and MRI's often can still not give a 100% certain diagnosis confirmation. if money is a big problem you may decide to treat on suspicion without definitive confirmation as many do.

      Hope this helps and good luck!
      Erika with Sammy