49026Re: [FH] Re: Is Lysine ok to use?

  • Leigh Arrathoon
    Oct 2, 2013
      I've been giving my cats 500 mg. lysine every morning for 7 years to ward off respiratory infections of any kind. I think one of mine had herpes since she came to me with one eye closed and had a hacking cough. I gave her the lysine, Feline Immune System Support (Standard Process Labs - which I give to every one of my cats ever morning), and Oculotrophic Concentrate (Standard Process Labs). Her eye opened and was a beautiful emerald green. I never used the oculotrophic concentrate after the first three months, but I continue to use Feline Immune Support and L-Lysine. I also use CoQ10 for all of them, but recently I ran out. It took 6 or 7 days to replenish my stocks, during which time, Cinder, the cat who possibly had Herpes as a kit, began to hack and vomit. Her eye also began to close, and she lost her voice. It has taken a good three weeks to get her back to normal. I feel certain that the recurrence of whatever she has (the vet thinks it is herpes too) is from having to wait for the CoQ10.

      On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM, r schu <rschu92@...> wrote:

      How does one tell if a cat has herpes?  What do the flare ups look like?  I'm wondering about May, and if so, perhaps lysine would help her.  Of course we need a definitive diagnosis first.

      Thank you.

      -Lee and May

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic