48995Re: Fluid build up- will it keep returning?

  • Elfinmyst
    Sep 24, 2013

      Hi

      Yes, the fluid will keep building up if all you use is a diuretic. Something else needs to be added to help stop the heart failing in the first place, this might be an increase in a drug or a new drug added. When Milli went into CHF last week, we used high dose diuretic and an increase in her Vetmedin. Once the Vetmedin worked, we could decrease the diuretic. Ask about adding or increasing a drug such as pimobendan(vetmedin/cardisure) , beta blocker (atenolol) or ACE inhibitor (benazepril)