      From: bspringsted425 <bspringsted425@...>;
      To: nicole harris <nmhharris@...>; <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: [FH] Re: Breathing
      Sent: Sun, Sep 8, 2013 7:41:03 PM

      Hi Nicole,

      I know I'm not the one you specifically asked, and I'm not a vet so please don't take what I say as the absolute answer - I'm very new to heart disease too. My only experience has been with a cat who died at 2 years old from undiagnosed HCM (he always had checkups and nothing showed up until he went into respiratory distress two weeks before he died - he was never on any medicine. And now I have an 11 year old cat with newly diagnosed RCM, who IS on medicine and doing well at the moment. I would call your own vet to check on this, but my Wendy was only diagnosed about 3 weeks ago and she is also on Furosimide, and was started at twice a day. When her breathing rate increased about a week later, I took her to the emergency vet and they increased her dose to three times a day. She seems to be doing well on that. We were told that she was started on the lowest doses of all of her medicines because they can cause dehydration and kidney failure so obviously the lowest dose needed should be used. But with that being said, its ok to increase the doses if its needed. So I would be inclined to say that you can still give your cat his other dose, but I would space the doses out at 8 hour intervals which is what we are doing. Definitely call the vet to double check because I'm no expert, but I think you'd be ok with giving him that third dose. Hang in there! I'm so glad that I found this group. Mentally, its a huge weight off my shoulders to know that other people are dealing with this too. It's something that I wish no one had to go through, but knowing I'm not alone is a huge comfort.

      Brooke

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, nicole harris <nmhharris@...> wrote:

      > Hi Lyn
      >
      > Feeling like a bit of an idiot nowðŸ˜
      >
      > Tc is on frusemide! His breathing seems to have slowed down now. I have him a quarter of a 40mg tablet. Usually he has a quarter at 10am and a quarter at 10pm. I had no idea that this could help so thank to so much. Do u think it's ok to still give him his dose at 10pm?
      >
      > Thank you lyn, I really appreciate all of your help. Sorry to ask so many questions. Just been so worried. Will let u know how the vets goes.
      >
      > Nicole x x x

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic