      From: "jenniedunbar@..." <jenniedunbar@...>
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:40 AM
      Subject: [FH] So frightened

      Things are very hard for me and I really need some support, sorry.
      Three weeks ago Rupert rabbit died after a nearly six week battle with a thymoma. It was horrific and his death has devastated us.
      Two days after Rupert was pts, I took Henry my 5 year old Persian to the vet as I'd noticed that after climbing the stairs he would be a bit breathless and mouth breathe for a couple of minutes. He sounded as though he had a respiratory infection. Emily his sister has severe allergies so I thought it might be that.
      The vet asked me if Henry had had a heart murmur since birth the first I knew of a heart murmur. The vet gave me antibiotics and said to come back if Henry worsened breathing wise.
      He's seemed fine these last couple of weeks. I intended to take Henry back for tests but I've been unwell and the vet didn't say the murmur needed tests just that I could have them if I wanted.
      On Thursday Henry slept all day. He was exhausted. I booked in for a vet appointment as my gut felt uneasy.
      On Friday I left Henry at the vet for tests. X rays showed fluid in his lungs, the first vet said his murmur was considerably worse, bloods were done and I was telephoned and told Henry has congestive heart failure. Henry's on .6 of furusimide once daily, 1/2 an aspirin every three days and one tablet of nitro daily.
      The vet said Henry hasn't got long, that a thrombosis is likely and that I'll find him gasping for air one day soon.
      I can't understand this. After Rupert this is too much. Henry'salways been really well, full of life and he'd last had his chest listened to when he had a GA in June. How can this happen so quickly?
      I'm terrified. I've had no experience of this. What will happen? It's only me and my animals and they're my world.
      What do I do? I'm so frightened and can't understand this at all. I'm sorry. Please help me.

      _