      From: Barbara Dwyer < cavedivingwoman@... >
      To: " feline-heart@yahoogroups.com " < feline-heart@yahoogroups.com >
      Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 3:52 AM
      Subject: [FH] question about Plavix and appetite loss

      I am considering starting Sheck on it - wanting to do everything possible to prevent the dreaded saddle embolus complication.  She is taking a microdose of baby aspirin every 3 days, and this would be an addition.

      I've read that at "higher doses" it makes cats anorexic (this from a summary of three trials using it to anticoagulate).  The author didn't specify the dose, but because Sheck's just starting to eat again, I'm reluctant.  What is your experience?

      My vet tells me that there is no documented evidence that this drug prevents saddle embolus in cats.  But the studies seem to conclude that it produces anticoagulation in cats. I need to discuss it with him more, but I wanted to get the group's expertise too. My vet's away till Monday.  What do you all think?

      thanks,
      Barbara