      From: "yvonnelitse@..." <yvonnelitse@...>
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 9:00 PM
      Subject: [FH] RE: 10 years old Ginger been dianose with HCM

      Hi Laurie, Thanks for suggestion. You are right, hopefully the medicine will arrive soon, and i forgot lasix amount can be ajusted! But by saying that, let hope that when the medicine comes Ginger will eat it without too many troubles. We found it hard to fed him medicine..:(   --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, <kittykatwhiskas@...> wrote: I would encourage you to take Ginger to see a cardiologist.  An ultrasound determining the exact heart disease causing the CHF is imperative to get her on the right meds.  My Boo experienced heart failure and was given "months at best" to live.   Well almost 2yrs later you wouldn't even know she was battling the disease.  The meds have worked for her.  Every kitty is different but with the right meds, Ginger does have a chance.

      I hope Ginger's initial meds arrive soon... the lasix is necessary to keep the fluid down.  Heart trumps kidneys.  You do want to keep an eye on the kidneys.. follow-up blood work is a good plan so you have a bench mark.... but keeping fluid off her chest is more important right now.

      Laurie and Boo