48797[FH] Re: Ginger was just diagnosed with heart failure :(

  • Maggie Wilson
    Aug 25, 2013
      This is why I was wondering in the other thread if it may be better to give smaller doses of lasix more frequently? Cindi, your mom is really helping these cats have voices. I don't want to hijack Ginger's thread but am curious about the lasix dosing.

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Cindi <dittykat@...> wrote:

      > I am here to learn but may have something of interest from a human
      > standpoint. When staying at the hospital with my Mom who had heart
      > failure from chemo, she would often tell me suddenly she was having a
      > hard time breathing. During those times she was x-rays and given
      > additional lasix. The docs told me fluid buildup can come very fast
      > like that. Our cats cannot talk but it seems this may apply to them as
      > well.
      >

      > Cindi missing the touch of Ditto
      > There she was, elegant, beautiful, swathed in the shiniest of clinging
      > silks, a vision of loveliness in coffee and cream --- a Princess from
      > Bangkok, an Oriental Goddess, a Queen on her throne --- a Siamese cat!
      > from May Eustace's Cats in Clover
      >

      > On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM, elfinmyst@... wrote:
      >
      > > You need to measure her heart rate whislt sleeping at rest, but not
      > > dreaming. Measure for 10 seconds and multiply by 6. Around 15 to 25
      > > is normal. Over 30 is caution and over 40 an emergency. Get used to
      > > what is normal then you can quickly see any changes in thebreathing
      > > which indicates fluid in the lungs. If her breathing changes, call
      > > the vet immediately.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic