48782Re: [FH] How heart disease can strike

  • Cindi
    Aug 24, 2013
      Morven,

      Thank you for sharing and I'm so sorry to hear Mia had the same heart
      disease. The dog in the video died the same month as the video was
      taken. At least the owner had some additional time with their dog
      rather than losing him without warning.

      Cindi missing the touch of Ditto
      There she was, elegant, beautiful, swathed in the shiniest of clinging
      silks, a vision of loveliness in coffee and cream --- a Princess from
      Bangkok, an Oriental Goddess, a Queen on her throne --- a Siamese cat!
      from May Eustace's Cats in Clover

      On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Morven Doyle wrote:

      Hi all,

      Yep you're right about the boxers condition - it's called ARVC
      (arrythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy). It's very rare in
      cats, but this is what my bengal beauty Mia had.

      It all happened very quickly (heart failure beginning of April with no
      previous symptoms at all, rushed into hospital to remove fluid from her
      chest under a general anaesthetic & then she came home - improved for
      around 3 weeks & then steadily declined for 3 weeks, finally I had to
      send her to rainbow bridge on 22nd of May). Heart-breaking.

      So cats can get this too. My advice is if you think there may be
      anything wrong at all, trust your instincts & go to the vet. This got me
      & my baby an extra precious 6 weeks together.

      I now have another bengal beauty called Mickey who has a grade 3 murmur.
      His recent scan showed no sign of heart disease though & long may that
      continue!

      Sending you and all your babies love :-)

      Morven n Mickey x

      On 24 Aug 2013, at 21:00, BubbaCat1@...
      <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('BubbaCat1@...')> wrote:

      <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('BubbaCat1@...')>
      <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('BubbaCat1@...')>
      I saved this link years ago because it gives step by step
      instructions on
      pet CPR, and there's another further down for Heimlich. It's something
      every
      pet parent should know.

      http://www.squidoo.com/cprfordogs <http://www.squidoo.com/cprfordogs>

      Jo

      In a message dated 8/24/2013 1:09:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      dittykat@...
      <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('dittykat@...')>
      writes:

      I am very interested in knowing what to do in an emergency situation to
      give our loved ones time for a vet to help.