48736Re: we lost Scotch

  • acidsoda
    Aug 20, 2013
      We lost Scotch in one day. We were able to get a cardiologist who would work aggressively on Scotch's treatment with us but Scotch's body started to reperfuse too quickly, his potassium level was on the brink of killing his heart and we had to put him to sleep. We are having trouble accepting and coping with his death and needed some time away from everything. We just want to thank everyone who reached out to us and was thinking of us in the past few days. Thank you all for your support and it meant a lot to us. I won't be checking my email in the next few weeks or however long it takes for us to come to term with his death and living without him. He's really our dearest.

      We did also contacted Dr. Jan White from Sawyer Lake about DMSO who was extremely helpful and kind to us. I don't know if it would, but we always thought it could have been the treatment that could have save Scotch if it were given to him immediately after his clot and because his reperfusion started so early on and he is the scaredy cat that he is who can't not be with us. I think it is definitely something worth discussing with your vet and cardiologist about.

      Best,

      Zoe
      Scotch and Ziggy
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic