48719Re: [FH] What to do with CHF cat during trip?

  • Debbie Loffredo
    Aug 19, 2013
      "C"
      I am sorry for your loss and I hope you find a comfortable solution.

      I don't believe the intent was to be rude or harsh but to say it was "it is
      Ok to want to put your cat first" because so many get quilted in "well it is
      just a cat", the huge problem was the assumptions behind the meaning of the
      term "boyfriend". She said "it is not like you are married OR SOMETHING".
      I think you fall into the OR SOMETHING category. Some people will term
      significant other or in this type a situation call them a fiancé/fiancée
      (even if not really) for the significance to be clear in one word.

      I would check with the vet and see if there is a vet tech who would "pet
      sit" him as first choice. 2nd to board him at the vet's, if he is too
      stressed they can give him something (I know cardiologist had offered me
      something for the 1-1/2 hr car ride home but my cat was surprisingly good in
      the car). Vets will also be prepared to syringe feed if needed. They know
      this is sick kitty and will monitor and treat as hospitalized.