48700Re: [FH] Re: Uncommon option for Blood Clots

  • Carol
    Aug 16, 2013
      If a vet is not familiar with administering intravenous DMSO, you shouldn't have them do it. It's not a common practice and can be dangerous if the vet's not familiar with it.

      Usually they'll give IV heparin and pain killers. It's a waiting game to see if they respond. One of our cats had the same thing and after about 3 days in the hospital, they sent him home with heparin injections we gave him, for 10 days, then after that baby aspirin, but we only did the aspirin for a few days and then switched him over to Nattokinase, which is an enzyme that digests clots.

      After Christopher came home, we did a lot of massaging his leg (he had only one that went lame), giving him Rescue Remedy flower essence to help with the stress. It took about a month, but he did gain back the use of his leg.

      We'll your boy in our prayers.

      Carol, Misty and the gang