48692Fortekor - split the dose?

  • ktlubsyoo
    Aug 16, 2013
      Hi,

      Just joined this group, so happy to have found you!

      Briefly, I have a gorgeous ginger boy called Froo who was diagnosed with HCM last April aged 4.5yrs. He's now a bit over 5.5yrs. He's been on 1x fortekor and 1x furosemide tablet, once daily since diagnosis. When his breathing looks bad he gets an extra furosemide in the mornings.

      His breathing is a bit bad at the moment, I was just looking around at dosing information to work out if he also needed more fortekor, and ...

      I found a site that said the fortekor is best absorbed by the body if split into two.

      Does anyone know if this is true? If it is the case then I will split his fortekor and try giving him 1x furosemide and 1/2 fortekor twice daily for a while to see if he improves.

      Also, morbid question for those of you who have been through the whole cycle. How do you know when enough is enough? Or do things tend to end dratically? My heart just breaks every time I look at him :'(

      Thanks
      Katie
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic