48559Re: Pulmonary edema.....is chest xray the only definitive

  • Jim
    Jul 29, 2013
      Thanks Lyn...
      I guess Ill try to keep him at his maintaince dose of .1 ml lasix (50mg/ml) twice a day which works out to 5 mg of furosamide in the morning and 5 mg at night.
      Its not a problem injecting him,Ive been doing it for 2 years at smaller doses...but he seems more lethargic since i upped the dose...little things such as grooming himself after eating...he stopped and has less energy..his lungs are clear now...so the cardiologist doesnt want me lowering his dose without telling her...the thing is he had more energy and joie de vivre when he was walking around with pulmonary edema (which I didnt know he had)...i wasnt even going to bring him into the cardiologist for his 6 month check..cause i saw no symptoms of edema such as increase of respiration which was 26 breaths per minute,coughing etc...i was going to wait until the Fall to bring him in...for a check..but decided i shouldnt let it go past 6 months for his heart checkup
      i think the lesson here is the only way to know for sure if edema is present is thru chest xray and that pulmonary edema may be present(fluid in lungs) without any physical symptoms...