      From: mmayer11 <mmayer11@...>
      To: thegapgal <thegapgal@...>; feline-heart <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun, Jul 28, 2013 8:00 pm
      Subject: Re: [FH] brusing/bruising

      Yes, bruising or more likely a hematoma occurred at the injection site, probably due to the Plavix. It happens to human patients at the injection site as well. Quite common. Did not know...as Cindi mentioned, that there is a way to avoid it.

      "Hematomas of the skin and soft tissues are often treated with RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation). Some health care practitioners may advocate heat as ...

      read full answer on medicinenet.com

      Hope blood work comes back as non remarkable.

      Marianna

      Hello All,

      Yesterday I took Sheba to the vet due to weight loss. The vet was not concerned about diabetes, but was concerned about her pancreas. She ordered a complete blood work, urinalysis and pancreas test. The in house snap test showed her pancreas was within normal range along with a electrolyte panel (potassium, sodium, calcium etc).

      So indicators are good, but all is still going to the lab for more comprehensive testing.

      This morning while bathing her I noticed her neck was purple near the area where the blood draw occurred. Is this a bruise due to the Plavix she is currently taking? If so, do I need to do anything to it?

      She seems totally unaffected by it. She is snoozing on her THRONE (my cal king bed) under her favorite ceiling fan. She even weighed a little heavier today :)

      But I am concerned about the purple mark on her neck. Do I need to be??

      Love and kitty kisses,
      Jordan and Sheba