48419Re: [FH] Ember and PPDH

  • elfinmyst
    Jul 16, 2013
      This was for group:)
      Hi Lyn,

      Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts. The teaching hospital
      where Ember would have her surgery does have a cardiologist. It's a shame it's
      three hours away, but that's how it goes when you live in west Arkansas. I
      might be able to get an ultrasound done here in town, and that could give
      us some idea.

      The odd position is strange. She will lie in the Sphinx position on
      occasion, so I'm glad you brought that up. The odd position is that her back legs
      are lying down as if she were on her side, but she's "standing up" with
      her front legs. She doesn't stay in this position for long–usually no more
      than two or three minutes. But, it's obvious that this indicates a problem.

      I'm talking to her main vet tomorrow. We'll go from there. If anyone else
      has thoughts, please share them.

      Thank you,

      Lance