48380Re: cat ckd hcm Kiki

  • Jacky
    Jul 8, 2013
      I had this happen with Coco had last few months.
      She was on Sub Q's for her CRF but then she got CHF she also was on 8 meds at the end.
      They can try giving the fluids by the kidneys instead of the shoudar neck.
      Can you add more water to the food.
      It became very complicated with Coco.
      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "terri" <terri28907@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > A friends cat has been treated with subq fluids and amlodipine was just diagnosed with hcm has fluid around heart, difficulty breathing.
      > was off fluids several days with lasix and is dehydrated.
      > She is starting enalapril tonight with 50ml fluids and lasix.
      > What do you think?
      > Her bun is getting too high about 80 due to dehydration with creatinine at 3
      > she refuses water syringed into her mouth but does drink some.
      > Thank you,
      > Terri
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic