48371Re: New to the forum

  • elfinmyst
    Jul 8, 2013

      I am sorry to hear Dash is poorly. I think they will likely add new meds to
      help his heart at the visit today. My boy has had HOCM since he was a
      kitten for over six years and took atenolol and now they added plavix and
      fortekor. You can start Dash on 30mg CoQ from the health shop, that has helped
      all my heart cats. But once started you can't suddenly stop so if Dash ever
      needs the vet give them the capsules to give him.

      Find his resting breathing rate. See how he breathes normally when dozing.
      Then watch for changes or an increase in breathing. Those are a red flag
      for the cardiologist, over 40 per minute is an emergency. The meds he is on
      shouldn't be making him sleepy so hopefully when his heart is stable he'll
      be bouncing around again. Remember he doesn't know he's sick and please ask
      all your questions and let us know how he goes on today.