48368New to the forum

  • Joey
    Jul 7, 2013
      Hello everyone,

      I just wanted to take a minute to say hello. I have a handsome, 8 year old ginger kitty named Dash who was diagnosed with Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy last Tuesday. The cardiologist started him on Furosemide 6.25mg twice a day & Plavix 18.75mg once a day. We go for a recheck tomorrow.

      I've only had Dash about a year and a half. I adopted him from a no kill shelter, where he had lived for 5 years. I'd love for him to have some more time in a loving home; but I, of course, don't want him to suffer.

      The most difficult thing for me is seeing him so diminished physically. Ever since he's been with me he's been a graceful jumper, and was prone to a game of chase with the other cat. It's difficult to see him weak & lethargic, barely able to make it up on to the sofa. I'm hoping that as the cardiologist gets the right meds on board, and I allow him to rest, I'll see glimmers of the old Dashy cat shine through.

      I'm happy that I have found a group of people that understand the devotion I have to my cat.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic