      From: hoofbeats95 <hoofbeats95@...>
      To: feline-heart <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thu, Jun 6, 2013 11:34 am
      Subject: [FH] Brush recommendations

      My Sophie girl has long fluffy hair that mats *very* easily. She has many mats now and will not let me deal with them. She used to get shaved 3-4 times a year. She and I were both much happier with that. However, her HCM was discovered as a results of a trip to the groomer. So. . . she can't go anymore. That leaves me alone with the hair and the mats. I have ordered two brushes but I'm wondering if anyone has a great recommendation. I'm not sure how I'm going to get these mats taken care of as it is now. :( I was trying to keep a head of them. I almost feel like messing with her makes them worse. I have a furminator but she hates it. She doesn't really like to be messed with in general and never has. She likes love and affection on her terms and it's rare. So brushing her is her idea of a nightmare. :(