48042My cat has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and IBD -- I'm so confused!

  • Carole
    May 18, 2013
      My 15 year old cat Rusty has been on lactulose for chronic constipation for years. About last September he was put on prednisolone for chronic vomiting and being miserable -- spending most of his time huddled under the bed -- very unusual for him. The prednisolone has worked very well. In March I found out that he also has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy which for the time being does not need to be treated. But I've heard that prednisolone is not good for a cat with heart disease. I heard about using budesonide on this site for the IBD but when I called the vet today she said that since all the medicines I have to give Rusty need to be liquid (I can't get pills down him) that the budesonide would not work too well in liquid form. Then she mentioned trying cerenia. But when I looked that up it said it was not for long term use. I'm so confused! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

      Carole & Rusty
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic