      From: elfinmyst <elfinmyst@...>
      To: feline-heart <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sat, May 4, 2013 5:51 am
      Subject: [FH] Re: 4 yr old sphynx diagnosed with HCM

      Hi Blake

      I`m sorry Schmutz is in heart failure. Unfortunately it is often the first
      symptom, cats hide it well. Has he seen a cardiologist and had an
      ultrasound or was he diagnosed by xray? It is essential he sees a cardiologist if he
      hasn't seen one, they can see the exact condition of the heart.

      I`m not sure what fragmin is and have never used it, so can't comment on
      that, but hopefully someone else can. Looking through the messages in this
      forum, I noticed lovenox mentioned as an alternative. Do a search for fragmin
      here. Nattokinase also dissolves clots and that is a natural supplement.

      Don't worry about prognosis too much. Schmutz didn't hear that. My kitty
      Trixi was given 2 months to live and that was 6 years ago.