47817HELP! Oxygen tanks don't have levers

  • Jim Sinclair
    Apr 20, 2013
      ARGH! I do not believe this! I just noticed (fortunately *before*
      another crisis begins) that these tanks I got yesterday do not have
      handles to turn on the oxygen flow! I posted a picture on Twitter:
      http://t.co/hUO7uo6Ps1

      I called the company that I got them from, but it's closed for the
      weekend. I called the veterinary ER and asked, if I bring over one of
      the tanks, could someone there show me how to turn it on. They said
      no, for liability reasons.

      My first tank, the one I swapped yesterday for one of these full ones,
      had a lever-type handle to turn the flow on and off. Is there some
      technique I am not aware of, for turning the O2 on and off without
      that handle? Will I break anything if I use a wrench or vise grip on
      it?

      Jim Sinclair jisincla@...
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic