47781Re: New To Group/Intro - Melissa & Oreo

  • elfinmyst
    Apr 18, 2013
      Hi Melissa

      I am sorry to hear of Oreo, and her heart failure.? Pimobendan has been a
      life saver for two of my cats and I have been delighted with the results.
      Trixi has HCM and Milli has a heart defect and both were pulled out of heart
      failure. Another drug mine take is fortekor which actually helps both
      heart and kidneys so you could ask about that.

      CoQ 10 helps all my cats at 30mg per day. Most of the
      forum cats here are on that so it is something to consider because its
      easy to get from the health
      store or as Cardiostrength which is made for cats with heart problems. You
      can also consider nattokinase (must have vitamin K removed) to prevent
      blood
      clots if she is at risk of those.

      Count breaths, see what is normal when she is at rest, but not dreamy. It
      should be around 20. Up to 30 is considered normal, over 30 caution and
      over
      40 an emergency. But the most important is to see what is like normal so
      you can see changes quickly. Looks for open mouth breathing and double
      breaths or anything abnormal. Left sided heart failure affects the lungs and
      right sided the body, so the fluid was likely from right sided heart
      failure. Its such a balance to get kidneys and heart, but the heart has to come
      first.

      Lyn:)