47674Re: Reduced Urination.

  • binarina1
    Apr 7, 2013
      Hello I was too scared to do sub q because of his heart, so I was syringe feeding him food and water. Although he did then start drinking frequently on his own, but wouldn't eat.

      Bloods

      Urea 46.4
      Potassium 5.8
      Creatinine 680
      Phos 5.19
      Alt 655
      Amyl 1903
      Glu 15.72
      Retic 58.5
      Rdw 24.8

      He wasn't overly dehydrated when skin tenting. He always ate dry. But the past few days he had wet k/d.

      He may well have been too weak to wee. I can't say. Although the litter boxes are downstairs, I carried him up and down many times throughout the day.

      He's at he vets now, staying for up to four days. They can't get IV access because his veins have collapsed :( so they are doing subcutaneous fluids instead.

      I'm so worried. He means everything to me.

      Thanks Sara.

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, r schu <rschu92@...> wrote:

      > I don't know if the potassium supplement can cause reduced urination, but I think not. It's hard to say without seeing his kidney values, and blood results.
      >
      > Are you doing sub q fluids? Feeding wet as opposed to dry food? Doing the test for dehydration by seeing how fast pinching the scruff of his neck returns to normal?
      >
      > And what about amount of urine? Before I put a litter box upstairs May peed 3 times per day, then went to 5 times! But soon I realized that the 5 were smaller, as she was not saving up her trips downstairs and felt easier just walking one room over.
      >
      > Is he tired and saving trips to the box and thus peeing more each time?
      >
      > Again, it's hard to talk about sub q fluids without knowing if his kidney values are high enough to warrant them.
      >
      > -Lee and May

      > Reduced Urination.
      > Sat Apr 6, 2013 6:04 am (PDT) . Posted by:
      > "binarina1" binarina1
      > Anyone had experience of this? My boys kidney values were slightly off when he had his last bloods. But they were greatly improved after IV (he was dehydrated). Problem is these last few days he's only been urinating twice a day. He isn't well, I'm assisted feeding him. He's drinking on his own, he's very wobbly and on a potassium supplement. Could the supplement have anything to do with it? He's being seen later today. Fingers crossed he doesn't have to stay in again, because each time he does I feel we lose a bit of him.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic