47602Re: [FH] My Bob, a 15 year old CRF kitty -- diagnosed with HCM today

  • CHRISTINA FELTY
    Mar 26, 2013
      My sympathies out to you to get such a diagnosis.

      I am new to heart problems myself with my somewhat newly diagnosed BoBo (HCM).

      My vet said out of a scale from 1-5 with 5 being the absolute worst, BoBo's ultrasound was a 3.5. I told her I liked that number better than a 4 or a 5.

      We have had to juggle different meds. He is on pimobendan (vetmedin), furosemide and enalapril. I can say with this current combination (12.5mg furosemid 2x daily, 1.25mg of enalapril 1x a day, and 1.25mg of vetmedin 2x a day) he is doing super awesome. He is back to his bossy, assholish self (he is not an angel at home when he is completely healthy) and even comes up stairs to say hello to me.

      The drugs have been WELL worth it and his improvement has been night and day.

      Good luck

      Christina