47512Re: Hello--I am new

  • r schu
    Mar 18, 2013
      Lyn,

      When I was deciding about benazepril for May, somebody sent me the link to mar vista vet drug info and there is a warning there, about using ace inhibitors with lasix in kidney cats.  Tanya's crf site also says it can be dangerous for crf cats past a certain point. That is why I was so worried about May.

      The cardiologist we are seeing indicated that it was worth the risk, because her heart needed it.  If you give benazepril to a crf cat, kidney values are supposed to be checked within 5-10 days.  We are going in Wednesday to check May's blood.  But so far she is doing well on it, and I really think it is the reason she's eating more.

      The Dr. Karen on this site said it might increase appetite, but our cardiologist thinks that she's just feeling better and doesn't think benaz increases appetite.

      I'm just happy she's eating more.

      -Lee and May

      Re: Hello--I am new
      Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:51 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
      elfinmyst
      Hi

      You're absolutely right. It's fortekor my cats are on and I just checked it
      is Benazepril. And mine are on it because it also helps the kidneys. All
      my cats take this drug, even those with renal problems.

      Thankyou for pointing that out, Lee:)