47440Re: [FH] Update on Daphne

  • catmomcolumbus
    Mar 8, 2013
      I had the option to do the taurine blood test but elected not to, since a) we were going to supplement taurine regardless, b) it would take three weeks to get the results back and they were telling me that she wouldn't live that long, and c) they felt that it wasn't likely, since she had been eating cat food, not table food. It seemed like $150 more dollars just to check an unlikely box off the list.

      She hasn't had a full-on follow-up ultrasound yet, just a quick one to look for fluid and the murmur, neither of which are there anymore. I imagine we'll be doing another echo at some point.

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Laurie Stead <kittykatwhiskas@...> wrote:

      > That is absolutely wonderful news!  This is precisely why we cannot listen to those early "weeks to live" diagnoses :-)
      >
      > Curious
      > if the cardiologist actually ran the blood test for Taurine levels?
      > This was done for Boo when she was diagnosed with DCM to be sure it
      > wasn't due to a Taurine deficiency.  So the follow-up ultrasound now showed a normal heart size?
      >
      > Laurie

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic