47308Re: Anyone familiar with Restrictive Cardiomyopathy?

  • elfinmyst
    Feb 28, 2013
      Hi Courtney

      None of my cats have RCM, so I`m unfamiliar with the condition. All I can
      say is ignore the prognosis, all my cats did. Some have lived years beyond
      their expectation. If fluids are building up, she will need an increase in
      lasix or addition of spironolactone. Maybe another medication added too to
      help the heart. Its a balancing act to keep them out of heart failure.

      Watch her breathing, count 15 secs when she is resting and times by 4. See
      what is normal and then you can quickly see if fluid builds up. Did the
      cardiologist say she was at risk of a bloodclot? If so, there are treatments
      to help prevent that.