47302Re: My cat Duncan was recently diagnosed with HCM

  • catmomcolumbus
    Feb 27, 2013
      I'm so sorry to hear about your Duncan, but know you are in good company here. My cat Daphne was diagnosed with DCM on Sunday, so I am still adjusting to the horror of it, but I'm in it for the long haul, however long she has.

      You are doing exactly the right thing, getting him to the cardiologist. Is he stable right now? On medication? Has he had an echocardiogram yet, or is that the plan at the cardiologist? I have found this to be a wonderfully supportive group, full of people who are as dedicated to their kitties as we are. You are welcome here.

      --Stacy and Daphne

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "CC" <xpistinaxpistou@...> wrote:
      > I just got the diagnosis today....meeting with the vet cariologist tomorrow...I am just horrified. Duncan is the sweetest cat, and is my 7 year olds best friend...I want to do whatever I can to prolong his life...any advice is appreciated.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic