47293Re: [FH] Giving meds

  • tafoster4000
    Feb 25, 2013
      I'll second the gelaps. I've been giving pills to various cats for years, found gelcaps years ago and never lookd back. If need to give one of my cats pills, automatically it goes into a gelcap, so the cat never has to taste any pill. My heart cat Moe, gets 5 gelcaps AM and PM. I dip the end into pure turkey baby food and then tilt head back, open mouth and insert pill to back of throat. I give all the pills then he gets to lick up rest of baby food along with some moistened freeze dried chicken or turkey. I lets me know when it's pill time, wants his treats. I use a combination of #2,3 and 4 sized gelcaps. I buy them off Amazon, get 1000 of each at a time.

      Taca