Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

47086Re: [FH] Chloe Crisis - Emergency Vet Visit

Expand Messages
  • Kevin O'Lone
    Jan 31, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Suzanne,

      I don't have anything profound to say. We are all here for support. Each one of us knows how hard this is.

      Hugs,

      Kevin

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 31, 2013, at 6:30 PM, "zan200" <zan200@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > Please pray for Chloe - I again got that, "something is not right" feeling. Chloe was not eating, looked miserable, etc. She seemed dehydrated (she makes this odd "jaw crunching" noise - vet says this is dehydration/nausea), so I gave her IV fluids and called for an appointment with the vet. We were scheduled for Friday, but Chloe's respiration rate was (awake) 28-32 - breaths were not only faster but deeper. I immediately gave her 1 Lasix along with her other heart meds, called the vet, and bumped up the appointment to today.
      >
      > Vet could immediately tell something was very wrong - Chloe's whole demeanor was "off" - not her fiesty self/no loud meows...very "not Chloe". X-rays showed Chloe is filling up with fluid again - her heart is much worse...We're now on 1 full Lasix 2X a day along with the enalapril and spiro...Vet took a complete blood workup - she'll have the results tomorrow then consult with the Internal Med Specialist (she does all the ultrasounds/echocardiograms, etc.) before deciding what to do medication-wise...All in all, things are not good...
      >
      > Vet is worried about Chloe's kidneys and how to balance her need for fluids with her need to get rid of the fluid buildup she has now...
      >
      > As Chloe seemed to be uncomfortable (I mentioned noticing this, also) the vet gave Chloe a shot of Buprenorphine for pain - now that we're home, she seems a bit "spacey", but no other reaction, thankfully...
      >
      > I know the many kitties here are on a variety of other heart medications - I'm wondering what if any meds. can be added to help with the fluid buildup and Chloe's weakening heart? I asked about possibly increasing the "spiro" - Chloe gets 1/8 tab 2X per day - vet says this is the max dose she prescribes, but will look into upping the dose. Any advice/info would be greatly, greatly appreciated...
      >
      > Keep Chloe in your prayers...
      >
      > Suzanne and Chloe
      >
      >


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic