47085Re: Chloe Crisis - Emergency Vet Visit

  • elfinmyst
    Jan 31, 2013
      Hi Suzanne

      I`m sorry Chloe is poorly again. What dose of spiro is she on? Mine were
      given 5mg twice a day, which is a quarter of a tablet. Depending on the brand
      they sometimes get 7mg. There are other drugs can be added, perhaps a beta
      blocker or pimobendan (vetmedin) which my cats take. But right now they
      need to work on the fluid as a priority, I understand its a difficult balance
      with her kidneys.

      At Trixi's worst she had 5mg lasix every 4 hours round the clock. It only
      works for 8 hours so maybe you could ask about giving it 3 times a day?